Each generation pays attention to specific literary genres and novels popular at peculiar period of time. Millions of novels have been published; most of them gather dust on libraries and shops’ shelves attracting no attention of a reader. However there are some works of literature which can’t leave any person indifferent influencing his or her life, inspiring and bringing lots of unforgettable emotions.
This article presents some of the best-selling books of all times, which will amaze any reader with their profundity and original plot.
Top 8 Life-Changing Books
There are dozens of literature gems which have left a deep impression on people all around the world. These popular novels had been written in different time, remaining relevant nowadays. It is incredibly hard to choose any limited number of the “top” books, because there are plenty of them. Here are eight random best-selling books that one should definitely read:
- The Lord of the Rings, written in 1954 by J. R. R. Tolkien. Legendary high-fantasy novel translated into numerous languages and loved by people from all around the world. This novel has become a gem of the 20th century and is extremely popular till now.
- The Green Mile, a crime drama written in 1996. One of the most popular Stephen King’s books. This story about a criminal and death row supervisor has made lots of readers cry.
- Gone with the Wind, a novel by Margaret Mitchell. A novel about love and war, loyalty and betrayal, beauty and cruelty of life. This novel has impressed millions of women and men from all over the globe and there is nothing that can equal with it in this literature genre.
- The Da Vinci Code, a thriller novel written in 2003 by Dan Brown, popular American author. The circulation of this story exceeded 81 million copies in just few years making The Da Vinci Code one of the best mystery thriller novels.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. A novel promoting self-development has become one of the most popular works of literature in the world inspiring people to live their dreams.
- Pride and Prejudice, a novel by the English author Jane Austen. A timeless classic written in 1813 which is loved for its unforgettible atmosphere.
- The Master and Margarita, written by Mikhail Bulgakov in 1940. A novel which has impressed the whole world. Being a love story and a philosophical reflection at the same time, this novel will definitely impress its reader with the original plot. Undoubtedly, this is one of the greatest fiction works of literature of the 20th century.
- Harry Potter, fantasy novels written by J. K. Rowling. Exciting series about a young wizard Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione who study at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. More than 500 million books had been bought by Harry Potter and Hogwarts School fans since the very first publication.
Obviously, there are much more best-sellers and decent works of literature in the world. Any reader is able to find a book which corresponds to her or his preferences and gain life-changing experience immersing into its atmosphere.